Lilly was a posthumous portrait commission for an artist friend of her favorite dog. She loves the color purple, so it made sense to place Lilly on a bed with purple covers.
THE INITIAL MEETING:
This is a time to discuss the intent of the painting, size, composition, and other considerations. If the painting is to be a posthumous portrait, this is the time to view reference materials, discuss specific requests, and to make decisions.
If the client has time specifications, they are to be discussed during the initial meeting.
If a photo shoot is needed, we can plan it in conjunction with the initial meeting.
CLIENT APPROVAL: During this session, photos and or sketches are approved by the client and the final painting will commence. This meeting can take place in person or via phone or email.
DELIVERY AND FINAL MEETING: Delivery time of the completed painting will vary from a few weeks to several months. During the final meeting, the completed painting is presented. If necessary, minor adjustments are discussed and completed. Unless another session is needed, final payment is due at this time.
- Prices are for plain to minimal background
- Credit card, check, and cash payments are accepted
- 40% deposit is due in advance and is non-refundable
- Payment plans can be arranged
- For detailed background or clothing add 25%
- 50% more for each additional subject
- Prices do not include sales tax or framing
- Pricing for groups is available
- Travel and living expenses when necessary for the artist to leave his studio will be the responsibility of the client
- Payment balance is due at the completion of the commission and acceptance by the client
PRICING DEPENDS ON MEDIUM AND SIZE
- Bust ~16″x20″ $3,200
- Three Quarter Length ~30″x36″ $4,900
- Full Length ~42″x84″ $7,500
- Bust $1,800
- Three Quarter Length $3,200
- Bust $800
- Three Quarter Length $1,800
- Small Pet ~9″x12″ $1,400
- Head ~16″x20″ $2,400
- Full Body ~24″x36″ $2,800
- Full Body Large Pet ~30″x40″ $3,200
- Full Body Horse ~50″x72″ $6,000
- Small Pet ~ 12″x16″ $800
- Head ~12″x16″ $1,200
- Full Body Large Pet ~24″x36″ $2,200
- Full Body Horse ~30″x56″ $5,500
- Small Pet ~12″x16″ $400
- Head ~12″x16″ $600
- Full Body Large Pet ~24″x36″ $1,200
- Full Body Horse ~30″x56″ $3,600